Searching for Excellence
We can utilise a number of methods when searching and selecting people for you. We will work closely with you to implement the approach that will prove the most effective for your requirement.
The Executive Search Approach
This is what is traditionally known as Headhunting. This is a research-driven approach to selecting the right candidate. It is most appropriate if the candidate works within a distinct market place or group of companies. Our researchers will work to study this market place working from a detailed briefing gained through consultation with the client. They will work to identify individuals and approach them to establish a level of interest. When shortlisted they will then be interviewed by one of our fully qualified and experienced consultants who will from these interviews supply the client with a shortlist of candidates who will meet your specifications. Using this executive search approach ensures that clients are presented with a shortlist of the best candidates who are available.
Benefits of Executive Search Approach
- It is the only way of reaching candidates who are not currently seeking to move
- Candidates are interviewed specific to the client brief
- Highly confidential as only those candidates approached are aware of the vacancy
- The best approach for a easily defined target market
Disadvantages of Executive Search Approach
- It does not identify any candidates who are currently working outside of the target market
The Executive Selection Approach
This method utilised the media to attract job seekers to the position. Adverts placed are worded to attract active and passive job seekers. Active job seekers are those currently seeing a new position and passive job seeks are those who browse the job vacancies more out of interest but could be interested if an advert was enticing. We can advertise using the client name or under our brand if the vacancy is of a confidential nature.
This approach is best utilised if the target market is wide, either in geographical or industrial terms. We manage all responses and identify candidates through interview or other candidate selection methods.
Benefits of Executive Selection Approach
- Can attract candidates who are not currently working within the target market
- Can attract both active and passive job seekers
- Works well if there are a large number of suitable candidates to select from.
Disadvantages of Executive Selection Approach
- It will not attract candidates who are not currently surveying the job market
- It can omit candidates who miss seeing the advertisements
The Executive Search & Selection Approach
This is a fusion approach to sourcing the right candidate. By using both Executive Search and Selection approaches simultaneously we can cover all avenues of candidate selection.
Benefits of Executive Search & Selection Approach
- It is the most comprehensive methodology for finding the best candidate
- Both active and passive candidates are targeted
- The shortlist can be made up of the best candidates from inside the target market in addition to those who responded to media advertising.
Disadvantages of Executive Search & Selection Approach
- It is a more costly approach